Sup, brew? Today’s post is going to be another review (I am quite in a reviewing mood a the moment), but not a beauty product one, a FOOD one. Well, not exactly food: tea. I fell in love with Kusmi Tea on holidays this summer with their simple but delicious mint green tea and then tried the “BB Detox” one (which I am going to talk about in a moment). Lucky me, for Christmas my mum had the lovely idea to give a set of 5 small tea boxes: the Wellness Teas Assortment.
I’ve tried them all, and I love (almost) them all. So here is my short review of five Kusmi Tea Teas:
– BB Detox: I have the big version of that one, and oh my god is this tea delicious. It is my favorite one from the set. I am not a big fan of tea, well black/english tea, so green tea is the perfect alternative for me. It also has maté, roibos, guarana, dandelion and grapefruit. It’s supposed to help detox your skin but I can’t really tell if it makes a difference. What I can tell is that it is a very good and sweet blend.
– Detox: I’d never tried « Detox Teas » before, so I am quite a newbie here. This one’s made with green tea (yeah I’m kind of obsessed now), maté and lemon grass. It has a lemon flavor and it is stronger than the previous one but it is still pretty tasty. I usually drink it after a run or before my breakfast.
– Boost: this one has a strong cinnamon scent which I am not a big fan of. But with a teaspoon of honey or agave syrup it is okay. It is made with maté, green tea, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom. It is supposed to stimulate your body and mind. Again, I can’t really tell if I am more energized after drinking that tea. BUT I had a cold recently and I drink this a lot, with honey and a slice of lemon, and it did help me fight the sickness and feel a bit better a bit faster.
– Be Cool: oh I love this one as well. It is calming and relaxing. It’s made with rosehip seed, apple, verbena leaves, peppermint, anis seeds and licorice roots. I drink it on my cosy/pampering night, before going to bed. On those night I tend to quit all kinds of technologic devices at least 30 minutes before going to bed, so this tea puts me in a more relaxed mood. Only downside (for me): I always have vivid dreams whenever I drink this tea, maybe because of the herb blend. I fall asleep faster thanks to the tea but I then tend to wake up in the middle of the night.
– Sweet Love: this one is my least favorite (can I say that?) because IT HAS BLACK CHINA TEA! It also has licorice roots, spices, guarantee seeds and pink pepper so it is still drinkable, but meh, not my cup of tea (haha, see the pun?). This one is supposed to stimulate the senses: well I don’t know about that but I’ll keep you guys informed *wink wink*.
Overall, great tea assortment, great gift idea, I LIKE DIS! I am converted to tea and now on the hunt for new Kusmi Tea blends to test out.