I know, I know, I haven’t written a post for a week *slaps on the wrist*.
I went home for a few days during reading week, so I had the opportunity to relax, take some time for myself, and cook a little (O properly equiped kitchen, how I miss you).
Being back in London, it is now time for me to share with you the recipe of one of my new favourite dish: fried cod with herb crust (thanks Picard!)
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
2 cod fillets
1 tsp. chopped parsley
1 tsp. chives
1 tsp. chopped mint
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
25g breadcrumbs (alternatively, crush toasted bread in a freezing back)
1/2 tsp. grated parmesan
1 egg whipped
25 g flour
25 g of hazelnuts
75 g of mixed salad leaves
2 tsp. tablespoons olive oil
“fleur de sel” (or normal salt)
1. Cut the cod fillets into large cubes .
2. Mix the herbs with the breadcrumbs, parmesan and pepper.
3. Salt and pepper the fish cubes , toss in flour, then in the egg and finally in the mixed herbed breadcrumbs and set aside.
4. Wash and dry the salad, salt and pepper , sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts , drizzle with olive oil lemon juice.
5. Heat a frying pan with the remaining olive oil and cook the cod cubes in hot oil on all sides , turning gently. Serve with the salad.
Et Voila! A healthy and easy dish, done in about 30 minutes.